Why is Proper Water Damage Remediation Important
While some types of flood water damage occur within the first few minutes or hours of water entering your home or business, there are many types of water damage that can be prevented or minimized with proper and timely water damage remediation. Therefore, it is crucial to contact a professional water damage restoration company as soon as possible to perform water damage remediation services and to address any type of water leak or flooding issues.
Benefits of Timely Water Damage Remediation
The following are some of the primary advantages and benefits to hiring a professional water damage remediation company immediately following any type of flooding or water issues in your home or business.
- Prevent Mold Growth: Mold can begin to grow in a wet building within the first 48 hours. Even in situations where the standing water has been removed, if surfaces continue to stay wet or damp for prolonged periods, then this forms a dangerous breeding ground for mold, mildew, and other contaminates. Another potential problem is that mold growth may not necessarily be immediately visible as it can occur under carpeting or deep within the flooring materials. It is important that you hire a professional to perform water damage remediation as soon as possible in order to remove water from all surfaces, locate any potential problem areas, and kill and remove any mold growth before it can develop into a major problem.
- Protect your Belongings: Water from floods, pipe bursts, or leaks can easily destroy your furnishings and other belongings. While some particularly moisture sensitive furnishings and any paper goods will be destroyed by water almost immediately, timely professional water damage remediation can help prevent damage to many furnishings and other belongings by removing the water and quickly beginning the drying process.
- Prevent Structural Damage: Dry wall, ceilings, subfloors, and wood elements throughout your home or business can become damaged or ruined from prolonged exposure to excess moisture or water. Even if standing water is removed, these structural elements should be dried thoroughly and as soon as possible using professional water damage remediation services in order to prevent serious and permanent damage that can only be repaired by replacement.
- Eliminate Health Concerns: There can be a variety of serious health concerns that are associated with flooding and improper water damage remediation. For example, if contaminated water including gray or black water floods your home, it can cause serious health risks for individuals. Therefore, sanitation will be a crucial step in the water damage remediation process. Even clean water, if it is not properly removed and dried, can lead to the growth of mold, mildew, and other contaminates that can lead to serious health concerns for your family or building occupants.
- Reduce Total Remediation Costs: If a property is allowed to sit with standing water or is exposed to excess moisture for prolonged periods of time, the types of problems and damage that will develop will quickly worsen with time. Therefore, without timely, professional water damage remediation services, the types and cost of repairs necessary to restore a property can easily skyrocket.
Learn More About Water Damage Remediation in Portland, ME
EnviroClean Floorcare & Restoration offers professional water damage remediation services for commercial and residential customers throughout the area. Whether your water issues are caused by a plumbing leak, a window or basement leak, a sewer or drainage backup, or mother nature, we can perform the necessary water extraction and water damage remediation services needed to restore your home, furnishings, and flooring and to prevent major water damage problems from occurring.
For our 24 hour water damage remediation services, please contact the experts at our restoration and floor cleaning company directly by phone to begin your water damage restoration service as soon as possible.
Call us for a free estimate today! 207-871-7775
Enviroclean Floor Care & Restoration
170 John Roberts Road, South Portland, Maine 04106
Phone: 207-871-7775 email: email@example.com